Monday, December 24, 2007

Crash Onto My Mat AKA Yoga Appreciation

My car got rear-ended (with me in it). I sing it in my head, like a catchy song. Although it was not fun (or catchy for that matter) and my body is sure to tell me about it all day long, it has been inspiring.

Why this, why now? I'm not sure I know the answer yet. One thing I do know is that I have never had such an appreciation for my yoga practice. The mat has been occupied everyday - many days more than once. And each time a tremendous wave of gratitude / appreciation for this practice came over me.

Rampage of Appreciation - YOGA:

1. Asana!
2. I know how to move my body in a way that will protect it and also nurture it
3. I know which asanas will gently bring my body back
4. I am able to modify asanas to give my body exactly what it needs in this moment
5. I can do yoga anywhere, at any time

Does it get any better than that?

2 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

First, SO glad you are okay. Second, rampage of appreciation for yoga -- how great is that thought! Hold the appreciation and the body will heal like magic...

Have a glorious holiday.

Gypsy Girl said...

Hey I am glad I saw this. It was inspiring for me to read your post. I fell down and landed with all my weight crashing onto one knee. Limping along with a knee brace. So here I am modifying my asanas and taking it one day at a time. Thanks for your timely post.