Monday, December 8, 2008

A Magical Event


"The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event" ~ Unknown

My new "real" Minnesota winter coat and new boots. The mittens are not new, I just threw them in the picture because they are cute :-) I could stay warm outside forever.

While the "fall of snow" today is not the first this season, it certainly has been a magical event. Walking down the street tonight with everything covered in a beautiful layer of white I think that nothing could be more beautiful. Not only to the eyes, but to the nose and lungs with the most pure and crisp air to breathe. To the ears, with the complete silence except for the sound of the boots against the snow. Everything is calm and peaceful. You can feel the relaxation of the ground and the trees and shrubs - the energy of all is relaxed.

I wish for every winter evening to touch me in this way. It is magical and so beautiful.

1 comment:

Pink Heels said...

I love it! When I used to live in both D.C. and Michigan, people would laugh when I told them that I had two different winter coats depending on where I was at. The midwest has incredibly cold winters. You can't have a foo-foo coat in the midwest. You need industrial! : ) Enjoy your new digs!