Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 6 - Finally Surrender and Svadhyaya

The past week has been one of much to do. When I am in that place, it easy to become very ungrounded. It is hard for me to slow down once I get going. My energy pings around my body, it feels like it is stuck in me, bouncing around with no way to get out. It is when I need to stop and do whatever I need to do to JUST FEEL GOOD. I finally saw that STOP sign yesterday and obeyed my own law.

Today has been a day for my relaxation, my self study or svadhyaya. I wrote in my journal upon waking and then read a little bit of Wayne Dyer's "Change Your Thoughts...". I was so relaxed that I fell asleep again! When I woke up (again!) it was time for breakfast and after that, a long, hot bath. THEN came my yoga practice. Because I am feeling so tired and "pingy" I focused on very grounding and meditative poses. Child's Pose and restorative, Sukhasana, Vajrasana, Baddha Konasana and a Cobra or two. Each pose received time for calm and quiet reflection. It was delicious. Call me GROUNDED.

Today's practice is dedicated to all THE MUSES.

I will be trying something new tonight - I will fill you in tomorrow.

No comments: