Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Finer Things


Embossed stationery IS one of the finer things in life. I love to receive it. Nothing sets my heart a flutter more than beautiful paper with beveled edges and letters and words that jump off the page. Receiving them is my inspiration for sending just these kinds of notes, accompanied with handwriting and plenty of thought. Someone wrote with a pen, a special note, just for me. It then shows up in my mailbox with a stamp. It may have been written days ago. When I hold this in my hand I see the writer sitting at a desk on a cool fall afternoon, wearing a sweater and drinking tea, gazing out the window between sentences, thinking. The pen moves easily as the words flow from its point. Priceless are these notes.

In this photo,
the last few pieces of this fine stationery,
I have had for years.
It is time to purchase new,
so I am able to write that special note,
just for you.

No comments: