Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Flying Pig


"Oh my, the pig is flying. Time to knit," I said as I looked up to the sky on Thursday night. So with my husband on the sofa next to me and Survivor on the television, this is what I created. Forget about a 2000 word daily goal for NaNoWriMo or anything else for that matter. The pig was in the air, the needles were in my hands. There is nothing like wooden needles and soft yarn to take the mind off everything. Counting and stitching is one of the best forms of meditation for me. I hope the pig stays in the air for a while - I'm just starting to get my knitting mojo back. I like it.

1 comment:

Martha's Yoga Reflections said...

I am finding a novel way to meditate as well. I've begun trying to use visual images in addition to poetry to illumine the themes in my yoga classes. I haven't gone on "Looking Assignments" with my camera since High School and I'm loving strolling around focusing intently on my environment. I forget everything else and am present!